INTRODUCING OUR CHAIRPERSON:
The Chairperson at Rainbow Wellington is the Officer who supervises the affairs of the Organisation at and between meetings of the Board. The Chair is a member of all Committees that might exist under the Rainbow Wellington umbrella and is a bank signatory as part of the Rainbow Wellington financial management.
The Chair is the ‘public face’ of Rainbow Wellington, which is to say that they are the spokesperson when comment is needed for the news and social media and is a member of all clubs, societies and associations affiliated with Rainbow Wellington.
Association Chairperson position shall:
- Be responsible for the supervision of the affairs of the Association;
- Be responsible for overseeing the administration of the Association between Executive meetings;
- Be chairperson of any General Meetings of the Association;
- Be chairperson of any Executive Meeting;
- Be responsible for Executive matters in the absence of the Executive;
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees of the Association;
- Be a cheque signatory for the Association;
- Be responsible for the coordination of all dealings with bodies external to the Association.
- Be responsible for the coordination of the work of the Executive;
- Represent the Association in the media, to other organisations and nationally on issues affecting the Rainbow Community in Wellington;
- Report at each ordinary meeting of the Executive on matters that have arisen of interest to the Association and of matters dealt with by the Chairperson; and
- Be an ex-officio member of all affiliated clubs and societies of the Association.