INTRODUCING OUR NEW SECRETARY:
Tony Nightingale lives with his partner John in Crofton Downs. He is a former public servant and historian.
The Secretary at RW needs to be able to assist the Chair with RW administrative and executive duties.
The administrative role includes record keeping, mail communications management, notices to the RW Board and reporting at the monthly RW Board meetings.
Association Secretary position shall:
- Assist the Chairperson in their duties;
- Undertake any daily Chairperson duties in the absence of the Chairperson;
- Coordinate representatives on regional committees in Wellington;
- Ensure that the Association’s Constitution and Regulations are updated after every General Meeting;
- Advertise, and publicise all meetings and forums of the Association;
- Be a cheque signatory of the Association;
- Ensure the efficient workings of the Executive, including the preparation of Agenda and circulation of Minutes of Meetings;
- Ensure that Minutes of all Association meetings are kept;
- Ensure that all policy passed at Executive Meetings are entered into the RW Policy Manual;
- Follow up and follow through on opportunities and keep detailed track of communication
- Liaise with the Accounts/Treasurer to monitor and forecast the financial affairs of the Executive; and
- Report at each ordinary meeting of the Executive on matters that have arisen of interest to the Executive and of matters dealt to by the Secretary.