INTRODUCING OUR TREASURER:
The Treasurer is responsible for receiving and disbursing money to Rainbow Wellington.
- Arrange with the bank to be responsible for Rainbow Wellington's bank account;
- Notify new and existing members of subscriptions payable, collect these, and deposit them in Rainbow Wellington’s bank account;
- Issue receipts for amounts received;
- Make all payments promptly; and
- Examine all bank statements and verify accuracy.
John has been a member of Rainbow Wellington since December 2014. He was born in Wellington, graduated from Victoria University with degrees in Political Science and Law, and currently works for the legal publishing company LexisNexis. As well as his participation in Rainbow Wellington, John has since 2009 been a volunteer for the New Zealand AIDS Foundation in Wellington and for the last three years a member of the Pink Ink Book Club. In addition to LGBT issues, John has a keen interest in politics and current affairs in general and since 2011 has been a member of Toastmasters – an international public speaking and leadership not-for-profit organisation. It was as a Toastmaster that John gained experience as a Treasurer and later President of his local Toastmasters club.